Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Summer classes


I spent the summer in Finland and enjoyed the lovely, warm weather we had. Of course, the most enjoyable part of the visit was to see my family and spend lovely time with them!
But I was also lucky enough to get an opportunity to teach sewing classes, too!
In early July we travelled to Vaasa where I taught a 2-day machine embroidery class to a lovely group of 8 very talented ladies.
Then late July we travelled to Oulu for a 3-day class with another very talented and lovely group of 12 ladies. In Oulu I taught one day about silk ribbon embroidery with a sewing machine, one day various machine applique techniques (the picture of our project is on left), and on the 3rd day we were sewing a party dress for a doll (pictures of the dress and silk ribbon embroidery are posted in my earlier posts under Martha Pullen projects).
And last but least, the quilt guild from Imatra came to our house in early August for an afternoon with serger techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment