Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Finnish Quilt Show


I noticed in early May that there was a quilt show in Mikkeli, Finland during the summer, so I gathered some fabrics, books and magazines for inspiration, and here is the result: it is an adaptation of Lizzy Allen's Black & White Dreams -quilt. I digitized the applique heart in embroidery software and used my 6-needle BabyLock BPM6 embroidery machine to create the center block. The 3-D flowers and the black quilting are also done with the embroidery machine. The rest of the quilting is done as free-motion quilting using my Bernina artista 730E (with BSR, of course). The quilt was on display at the quilt show and it even received few votes from the audience! A picture of this quilt was also included in the September issue of finnish Tilkkulehti.

No comments:

Post a Comment