Tuesday, June 30, 2009

"Under the North Star" Quilt


I made this quilt for a Scandinavian Quilt Show. It was on display with another 36 logcabin quilts from Finland. I designed this using the Bernina artista Quilter software and all blocks except the house are done with a logcabin block. I almost missed the whole deadline, so had to put this entire quilt together in a hurry; I noticed in early April that it had to be sent by end of April, and we were still in the USA, so had to leave up to 10 days for posting, but I made it! Just got the quilt back couple weeks ago - it seems to want to travel, since after being in display in Gothenburg, Sweden, it travelled to Finland, went accidentally to Helsinki, went back to the sender, and then finally found back home. But now I need to find a place to hang it...

No comments:

Post a Comment