Thursday, February 26, 2009

North Carolina Lily

Had to make one more bedcover... I saw the North Carolina Lily in an older patchwork magazine, and had to use it somewhere. I modified the pattern a bit (of course, can't ever follow the instructions exactly...). This is another black and white... well, off-white creation.
This time I quilted using an ordinary sewing machine instead of the long arm. I still think I can get better quilting results with a regular sewing machine... need more practice with Gammill...
Can't see in the picture, but the off-white areas are 'full of stitches' - the big blocks have feathers and stippling. I think this is my best one so far... maybe I'll enter this next year to the Quilt Gala...

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad that you have done this. We all have wanted to see your things for a long time.

    ReplyDelete