Thursday, February 26, 2009

Cathedral Windows jacket

My first love in sewing was clothing, so just had to make a jacket using patchwork techniques. Initially I had planned to make just a small block of cathedral windows to the back of the jacket, but just got carried away and the entire back got covered... I made the 'secret garden' version blocks for the cuffs and one in the front.
As for quilting... that is another story.... I digitized in my embroidery software some overlapping circles (Alan's idea - thanks!), hooped the sleeves and jacket fronts one at a time on a enormous hoop (Hoop-It-All) and had the embroidery machine do the trick. Perfect circles! Pitty the quilting is done in black thread on black fabric, so no-one can see it...
I entered this jacket in February 2009 to the Myrtle Beach Quilt Gala and it won the 1st price in wearables category.

No comments:

Post a Comment