Friday, February 5, 2010

Show time...

Myrtle Beach Quilt Gala is coming up at end of February and I have made couple new items to enter to this show.
In the 'wearables' category I will have a Bargello and Seminole jacket, which I made using (somewhat...) instructions from an older Machine Embroidery magazine. The bottom part is quilted using an embroidery machine, however, the quilting is done with grey thread, so it does not show well in the picture.
In the 'Challenge' category I will have an heirloom quilt, made using dupioni silks and cotton laces. Some of the quilting is done with embroidery machine and some is freemotion.
I will also enter an older quilt (see the very first post on this blog) in the small quilts category.
In March I will have the Jenny's Heritage quilt and my Cathedral Windows Jacket in display of the Charleston Quilt show...


UPDATE: Won a 2nd prize for my heirloom quilt and a 2nd prize for my Dragonfly wallhanging. The Bargello jacket did not win a thing...
Also, won 1st prize for my Cathedral Windows jacket in Charleston; the quilt did not win anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment